SALE PROCESS, CUSTOMER STATUS, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. A contract will be binding between A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. and the customer upon the booking of “car service”.
2. If you place an order via the phone or internet you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into a contract of sale and you are at least 18 years old and reside in the UK.
3. A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. will provide details of the cost of each car service and the work required before the work is done. All work and costs, including additional work must be approved by the customer before any work is carried out.
4. If the car service cannot be done within 48hrs due to circumstances beyond A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd.'s control, we will contact the customer and inform them accordingly – this may sometimes be due to parts not being delivered or the work required may take longer to complete.
5. All additional work is subject to VAT as required by law.
6. Special oils or spark plugs may be required for your vehicle service. These will be an additional charge and we will inform you of the costs on the day of your service.
7. All parts used will adhere to the manufacturers service schedule and warranty and will be of “original equipment” (OE) standard – ensuring all warranties are validated.
8. In addition to your Statutory Rights, a Parts & Labour Warranty is provided for a period of 12 months (or within 12,000 miles) of work carried out by A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd.. The Warranty covers replacement defective parts or related workmanship.
9. The Warranty is dependent upon:
9.(a). A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. being given an opportunity to investigate or rectify any faults within a reasonable timeframe.
9.(b). The manufacturer’s vehicle operating instructions being followed.
9.(c). Having the vehicle serviced according to the manufacturer’s recommended schedule (at the time or distance specified).
9.(d). Full compliance with A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. advisories, warnings and information or any instructions provided by A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. verbally or in writing.
9.(e). The parts or workmanship carried out not being subjected abnormal conditions or unreasonable wear and tear.
10. Once the car service has finished, payment will be taken – only upon cleared funds for all work done, will the car be returned to the customer.
11. A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. does not accept any liability for any damage or losses suffered by the Customer from the storage of its vehicle at a A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd..
12. The customer has the right to cancel his car service at any time, as long as any of the agreed work to date has been paid for up to the point of cancellation.
13. The insurance cover on any courtesy or replacement vehicle provided by A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. will need to be covered by the customers insurance policy, A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. Garage will inform the customer who will then be required to provide their own insurance. Collection and Delivery times may vary due to unforeseen circumstances – A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. will always endeavour to contact you accordingly.
14. A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. will not be responsible or liable for any unforeseeable losses; losses that were not caused by A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. employees, agents or representatives' negligence or for any business losses.
This does not affect any claim that the customer may have for death or personal injury. Nothing in this condition will affect the customer’s statutory rights that the works are performed with due skill and care, that the goods supplied are of satisfactory quality and are fit for their purpose and that the products and services correspond with their description.
15. A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. will not be responsible for any loss of valuable items left by the customer and are not connected to the vehicle or damage to such items.
16. A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. will not be liable for any damage or delay in the services provided if the reasons are down to “an act of God”, “industrial action such as strikes”, “government disputes” or factors to be deemed out of control of A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd..
17. Health and Safety laws will apply where applicable when each customers vehicle is serviced.
18. Any complaint with respect to any car service done by A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. must be restricted to communications with A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. only. A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. will not be liable for resolving any mistakes, issues or problems unless all correspondence remains with A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd..
19. A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. will endeavour to resolve all disputes amicably and professionally normally within 28 days. If the dispute should take longer, A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. will notify the customer accordingly.
20. A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. will not be liable for any faults if you remove a vehicle from our premises with Advisories on your Invoice or paperwork, you accept full liability related to or including the Advisories noted.
21. Vehicles left in the custody of A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. for more than 14 days are subject to a storage fee of £12.50 a day plus VAT.
22. A&P Autos (Blackpool) Ltd. holds no liability for loss or damage to vehicles when left outside of our premises. There may be occasions where there is no room inside the garage to store your vehicle as work is allocated in a productive basis. We wont always have the opportunity to inform you when moving your vehicle outside but will make best efforts to do so.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE GUARANTEE TERMS CONTAINED IN THEM DO NOT AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER REGARDING FAULTY OR MISDESCRIBED PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR ANY FAILURE BY A&P AUTOS (BLACKPOOL) LTD. IN THE SUPPLY OF GOODS OR THE UNDERTAKING OF WORK. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS, PLEASE CONTACT THE CITIZENS’ ADVICE BUREAU. THEY CAN ALSO ASSIST WITH INFORMATION REQUIRED BY THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT.